- Enrollment can be done without having to reset the devices to factory defaults.
- Enrollment can be removed at any time in the settings on the devices (MDM profile).
- Only partially suitable for BYOD devices, as administrators can see which apps are installed.
- Not all actions and policy configurations are possible.
- Devices are often not supervised (Supervised Mode).
To perform a manual enrollment, it must first be created in Relution. To do this, switch to
Devices > Enrollments in the menu and then click
Enrollments depend on the operating system. Therefore, select either
iOS, macOS or tvOS as
Platform and the
Device enrollment as
Type. You can choose the
ownership according to this.
If you want to associate a
User with the device to be enrolled, select it. Note that users should have the Device User role for this.
Each enrollment can be used only once. Unless you activate the switch for
Multiple enrollment. If this is the case, new devices can be enrolled via the enrollment link until either the validity date has been exceeded or no more device licenses are available in Relution.
Rules, the same can be linked to the enrollment. If the device is enrolled, these are applied directly.
When you save the enrollment and thus create it, you will subsequently have the option to scan the created QR code on the iOS device, or enter the URL manually in the browser. The MDM profile is downloaded via the
Enrollment button and must be installed on the device in the next step in the
VPN and Device Management.
Step by step instructions
- Start the enrollment by pressing the
- Then press
Closethe next window.
- Switch to the
- There in the section
- Select the loaded MDM profile.
- Check the MDM profile and press
Installand confirm the dialog again by pressing
- A security message is displayed. Press
- Trust the remote administration.
Doneto confirm that the MDM profile is installed.
This completes the enrollment.
The Relution Agent is now installed on the device and a new entry should appear in the device inventory of the Relution portal.