Overview of enrollments
Apple TVs are becoming a significant entity in organizations. They are one of the most promising streaming tools used in organizational infrastructures today. Relution supports the management of Apple TVs with multiple enrollment methods:
Auto-enrollment using DEP profile
Apple School or Business Manager was introduced by Apple to help organizations and educational institutions deploy Apple devices remotely. With the aid of ASM/ABM, brand-new Apple devices can be enrolled in Relution without a technician ever having to get hold of them.
- tvOS 10.2 or later.
- Organization should be enrolled in Apple School / Apple Business Manager.
- Devices must have been ordered after March 1, 2011, whether purchased directly from Apple or an authorized reseller.
- If devices were purchased directly from Apple, the Apple customer number assigned to your organization is required to link eligible orders and devices to Apple School / Business Manager.
- If devices were purchased directly from an authorized reseller or carrier, the devices must be linked to that resellers DEP Reseller ID. The actual date of eligibility is determined by the sales history of the authorized reseller or network operator.
Subsequent enrollment via Apple Configurator 2
Apple Configurator 2 is a free app available from the Mac App Store. The application can be used to manually configure Apple devices connected via USB to a macOS device before the devices are handed out to users. For this purpose, so-called profiles can be created and applied to the devices. In addition,
Apple Configurator 2 allows Apple devices that have not already been added to the DEP by an authorized reseller to be subsequently added to the DEP. This option is only available for iPhones, iPads and Apple TVs. macOS devices must be purchased from an authorized reseller to take advantage of automatic enrollment through Apple DEP. Overall, it is recommended to purchase DEP devices directly, as adding them later involves manual effort.
- Apple TV with tvOS 10.2 or higher.
- macOS device with
Apple Configurator 2.5or higher.
- Make sure the macOS device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
Apple devices that are subsequently registered in Apple School / Business Manager via
Apple Configurator 2 will not function like devices registered directly in DEP when purchased through an authorized reseller for the first 30 days after deployment. Even if you have blocked manual removal of MDM management on devices via the associated DEP profile in the MDM system, users can remove the MDM management under
Preferences > General > Profiles.